Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Permanent Full Time (35 h/p/w)
The position is responsible for the following:
- Provide reception area tasks including: initial contact with visitors, answering phones, sanitizing touchpoints and providing visitors with direction to appropriate services/staff members.
- Assist multi-interdisciplinary team to facilitate all services.
- Working with the Manager of Programs and Services, assist in the development/facilitation of Agency conferences and other special events.
- Assist with IT duties, caring for Agency resources, and working with IT service providers to assure wellbeing and maintenance of all Agency computers and software.
- Ensures French Language Service implementation plan is adhered to.
The successful candidate:
- Secondary/post-secondary education in clerical / administration OR minimum of 2 to 5 years with field related experience.
- Proficient in English and French.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher).
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills.
- Effective and essential workplace communications skills.
- Superior writing and minute taking skills.
- Ability to use a variety of standard office equipment.
- Experience working in nonprofit/social service sector an asset.
- Knowledge and interest in working with IT issues to maintain wellbeing and maintenance of all Agency computers/programs.
- Previous experience with Klinix Software, Electronic Data Transfer, MCEDT an asset.
- Those of Indigenous decent or bilingual (French/English) candidates will be given priority consideration for this position if found qualified.
Competitive salary and benefits
The full job description is located on the Réseau ACCESS Network Website at www.reseauaccessnetwork.com. Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume with a cover letter by the closing date of Friday, October 16th, to the attention of the Manager of Programs and Services @ email@example.com with “BAA position” in the subject line.
Réseau ACCESS Network provides equal opportunity employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Réseau ACCESS Network is committed to the Meaningful Involvement of People Living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C and and members of these communities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview may be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Note: the position will be filled ASAP.
Full Job Description
631.00 JOB TITLE BILINGUAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (1.00 fte)
REPORT AND ACCOUNTABLE TO: Manager of Programs and Services
1. Provide reception area tasks including: initial contact with visitors, answering phones, sanitizing touchpoints and providing visitors with direction to appropriate services/staff members.
2. Assist multi-interdisciplinary team to facilitate all services.
3. Working with the Manager of Programs and Services, assist in development/facilitation of Agency conferences and other special events.
4. Assist with IT duties, caring for Agency resources and working with IT service providers to assure wellbeing and maintenance of all Agency computers and software.
5. Ensures French Language Service implementation plan is adhered to.
1. Welcome and direct clients and walk-in public.
2. Using the internal booking system, schedule client appointments when requested with appropriate staff. Using established code name (last name 1st 2 letters, first name 1st 2 letters e.g. DOJO (John Doe).
3. Work with and assist in the training of volunteer receptionists.
4. Maintain cleanliness of all reception areas along with sanitizing touchpoints.
1. Receive, and distribute incoming mail (including e-mail) or respond to e-mails as appropriate.
2. Oversee maintenance of all office equipment, including postage meter, main photocopier laminator and binding machine, etc.
3. Oversee monitoring, ordering, and stocking of the bathroom, sanitation, PPE, and kitchen supplies. Order as necessary with the approval of supervisor.
4. Ensure the office is well-maintained, organized and office supplies are available and accessible. Order as necessary with the approval of supervisor.
5. Assist with designing of various forms, signs, and posters as needed.
6. Proof-read documents for accuracy when requested.
7. Assist staff with administrative duties, i.e. filing, collating, copying, binding, laminating, or scanning documents.
8. Maintain lists and databases for the various agency projects, mailing, and others as deemed appropriate by program staff and Manager of Programs and Services.
9. Compile data, statistics, and other information to support research activities deemed appropriate by the Manager of Programs and Services.
10. Provide or assist with securing of translation services for promotional/educational materials.
11. Generate memos, emails, and reports when appropriate.
12. Working with IT and other service providers, assist with IT duties, i.e. basic computer maintenance (connecting devices/installing software), WordPress website update, posting of employment opportunities and other program updates.
13. May assist in training new office staff in the use of office equipment and use of office software (Outlook, Excel, Adobe PDF Reader).
14. In consultation with the Manager of Programs and Services, assist with development/facilitation of Agency conferences and other special events.
1. Ensure all outgoing appointments (requested by a physician or staff) are booked and appointment cards provided to clients. Direct members/patients/clients requesting an appointment with the clinicians are directed to the appropriate medical staff.
2. Enter and update patient demographic information in Klinix, charts, and OCHART list; and process billing in the Klinix program.
3. Forward accurate billing information to the Ministry of Health by uploading to their website via MCEDT. Investigate any error reports and resubmit claims.
4. File and maintain billing records and update the Billing Procedures Manual.
5. Download and install software/program updates, install hardware (for billing).
6. Prepare charts, paperwork, and other materials for clinicians.
7. Maintain an organized and tidy file room.
8. Assure reports from Lifelabs & Public Health are forwarded to the HCV Treatment Nurse, or place in the appropriate mailbox.
9. Book clinical appointments as per nursing/physician schedule.
Responsibilities to: The Executive Director
1. Consult and update the Executive Director on all issues pertaining to clinic responsibilities.
2. Attend morning (Monday through to Thursday) Direct Client and Clinical Services huddle meetings.
3. Attend bi-weekly Team Meetings.
1. Assist in fundraising projects and/or other duties as deemed important and appropriate by the Manager of Programs and Services and mutually agreed upon.
· Secondary/post-secondary education in clerical / administration OR minimum of 2 to 5 years with field related experience.
· Proficient in English and French.
· Working knowledge of all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook and Publisher).
· Efficient and accurate data entry skills.
· Effective and essential workplace communications skills.
· Superior writing and minute taking skills.
· Ability to use a variety of standard office equipment.
· Experience working in nonprofit/social service sector an asset.
· Knowledge and interest in working with IT issues to maintain wellbeing and maintenance of all Agency computers/programs.
· Previous experience with Klinix Software, Electronic Data Transfer, MCEDT an asset.
· Working knowledge with internet research and data entry base.
· Superior attention to detail, creative problem solving, organizational and administrative skills.
· Time management adaptability and multitasking skills.
· High level of discretion, patience, and judgment.
· Teamwork and collaboration skills. Foresight and Anticipation.
· Self-directed, able to take initiative and ownership, be a team player, and capable of working with minimal supervision.
· Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
· The Bilingual Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Manager of Programs and Services.
· Physical requirements include the dexterity to reach, stand, squat, twist, lift light loads, and the ability to do sedentary work.
· Réseau ACCESS Network services are non-judgmental, stigma-free with a focus on harm reduction
· Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends.
· 3 to 5 hours a day for reception / clinical duties with 2 to 4 hours a day for administrative responsibilities.
· 35 hour work week, approved overtime compensated by time off in lieu.
Developed: May 2017
Revised: October 2020
LIENS – HIV | HEP C – LINKS
Drug & Alcohol 1.800.565.8603
Mental Health 1.866.531.2600