If you are looking for opportunities to give back to your community, meet new people and have new experiences, you can sign up as a volunteer online or offline. To sign up as a volunteer online click here to fill in our online application form. If you’d like to sign up as a volunteer offline, pick up a volunteer application at the office or click here for your printable Volunteer Application that can be dropped off at our office, or emailed to us.
To apply for a seat on our Board of Directors, you may apply online here, or download this printable Board Application form, that can be dropped off at our office, or emailed to email@example.com.
MEDICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (1.00 fte)
REPORT AND ACCOUNTABLE TO: Manager of Finance and Administration and/or Executive Director
- Provide reception area tasks including greeting visitors, answering phones and providing clients with direction to appropriate services.
- Using the internal booking system, schedule client appointments with appropriate staff.
- Coordinate admin assistance and billing for agency clinics.
- Assume the role of Board Liaison taking responsibility for Board minutes.
- Welcome and direct clients and walk-in public, assure fresh coffee, cream and sugar is made available.
- Using the internal booking system, schedule client appointments with appropriate staff. Including case management, testing, etc.
- Work with and assist in training of volunteer receptionists.
- Maintain cleanliness of all reception areas.
- Receive, and distribute incoming mail (including e-mail) or respond to e-mails as appropriate.
- Oversee maintenance of all office equipment, including postage meter, main photocopier laminator and binding machine, etc.
- Oversee monitoring of bathroom and kitchen supplies. Order as necessary with approval of supervisor.
- Assist with designing of various forms.
- Proof-read documents when requested.
- Assist staff with Administrative duties, i.e. filing, copying, binding, laminating or scanning documents.
- Reconcile program vouchers/receipts on a monthly basis and generate monthly reports.
- Input monthly OCHART instances data to and monthly testing event stats to assist Direct Client and Clinical Services.
- Maintain database for the various agency projects, mailing and others as deemed appropriate by program staff.
- Assist with IT duties, as trained and as required, i.e. server backup, website update, posting of employment opportunities and other program updates.
- In consultation with Manager of Education and Community Development, assist with Conference development and planning.
- Ensure all outgoing appointments (requested by physician or staff) are booked and appointment cards provided to clients. Direct clients requesting an appointment with the clinicians are directed to the appropriate medical staff.
- Enter and update patient demographic information in Klinix, charts, and OCHART list; and process billing in the Klinix program.
- Forward accurate billing information to the Ministry of Health by uploading to their website via MCEDT. Investigate any error reports and resubmit claims.
- File and maintain billing records and update Billing Procedures Manual.
- Download and install software/program updates, install hardware (for billing).
- Identify active charts, and archive/destroy inactive and closed charts.
- Prepare charts, paperwork and other materials for clinicians.
- Maintain an organized and tidy file room.
- Open, initial, date and forward lab reports to the appropriate clinicians.
Board Liaison Duties
- Attend Board meetings and complete minutes.
- Contact Board members to ensure attendance and quorum; assure availability of Board package.
- Assure nourishment/snacks are organized for meetings (if needed).
- Book meeting room with building staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager of Finance and Administration or Executive Director.
- Assist in the development of the annual general meeting and necessary reports.
Responsibilities to: Manager of Finance and Administration and/or the Executive Director
- Consult and update the Manager of Finance and Administration on all issues pertaining to Medical and Office Administration Assistant position.
- Attend bi-weekly Administration Dept meetings.
- Attend bi-weekly Staff Meetings.
- Assist in fundraising projects and/or other duties as deemed important and appropriate by the Executive Director and mutually agreed upon.
- Secondary/post-secondary education in clerical / administration OR minimum of 2 to 5 years with field related experience.
- Previous experience with Klinix Software, Electronic Data Transfer, MCEDT.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft programs.
- Efficient and accurate data-entry skills.
- Effective and essential workplace communications skills.
- Superior writing and minute taking skills.
- Ability to use a variety of standard office equipment.
- Proficient in both official languages.
- Experience working in nonprofit sector.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office, Klinix software, Electronic Data Transfer and MCEDT.
- Working knowledge with internet and data base.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills.
- Time management skills and multitasking.
- Self directed, able to take initiative, be a team player and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with person of all backgrounds.
- The Medical and Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Manager of Finance and Administration and/or the Executive Director.
- Physical requirements include the dexterity to reach, stand, squat, twist, lift light loads, and the ability to do sedentary work.
- Must be flexible to work an evenings twice a month and occasional weekends.
- 35 hour work week, approved overtime compensated by time off in lieu.
- Note: this is a 3 month contract with a possibility of renewal.
Bilingual (French/English) candidates or those of Indigenous decent will be given priority consideration for this position if found qualified.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume with a cover letter by the closing date of Friday, March 8th, 2019, to the attention of the Manager of Programs and Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: we will be reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates throughout.
Réseau ACCESS Network provides equal opportunity employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Réseau ACCESS Network is committed to the Meaningful Involvement of People Living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C and these are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview may be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please think of getting involved with Réseau ACCESS Network through volunteerism.